Health Minister: 25 tons of medicine allocated for Idleb province

Idleb, SANA – Health Minister Nizar Yazigi said that the Ministry allocated 25 tons of medicine for treating various medical conditions for Idleb province.

Inspecting work at the National Hospital and Ibn Sina Hospital in Idleb on Sunday, Yazigi said that the government is committed to improving health services in the province, with work underway to improve the emergency services system in cooperation with civil societies and international organizations.

He noted that locally-manufactured products make up 80 to 90% of the medicine available in Syria, with the government importing the remaining 20 to 10% which consist of special medication and vaccines.

The Health Minister also met health officials in the province and discussed with them the state of the health sector in the province, the difficulties affecting it, and suggestions for improving its performance.

Hazem Sabbagh

Check Also

Hot weather in general, dusty in Eastern regions

Damascus, SANA-Temperatures are going to rise to become above the average from 2 to 5 …