Special operation in Ukraine started a new phase, Lavrov says

Moscow, SANA- Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, affirmed that the Russian special military operation in Ukraine had begun a new stage, noting that Kyiv did not appreciate the goodwill gesture from Moscow when Russian forces withdrew from the outskirts of Kyiv.

” Three days after departure of Russian forces from the Bucha, the media said that bodies had been found in the city to accuse us… what happened is a play and fabrication, and Russia will reveal and prove the truth of what happened “Lavrov said during an interview on Tuesday with India Today channel about the allegations of Kyiv and the West on Ukrainian city of Bucha.

Lavrov stressed that Western countries have turned Ukraine into a platform for NATO, and that the Ukrainian army has strengthened its presence towards the east in violation of commitments with the aim of attacking Russian interests, forcing Russia to start its special military operation.

He recalled that the purpose of Russian special military operation in Ukraine is to protect the population of Donbass and uproot Nazism, noting that Russia has no intention of use nuclear weapons, stressing that the operation does not target civilians, but rather military infrastructure.

Manar Salameh/Mazen Eyon

Check Also

Syria, WGEO discuss a number of main themes in World Green Economy Summit

Dubai, SANA- Minister of Local Administration and Environment, Hussein Makhlouf discussed Thursday with Director General …